Here is the latest “Inside the SCATV studio,” a monthly blog post highlighting our members and who they are! There is a set series of 10 questions they answer. This month, we hear from Stuart Roelke, a Somerville Media Center member, animator and overall creative human being. Learn more about Stuart below in his interview with SCATV! Get a sneak peak of his interview below.
1. Who are you and what do you do? After you, my dear Alphonse.
2. What was the most interesting job you’ve had? Taught binary 101.
3. Where is your favorite place to retreat for mental or physical health? The nearest hospital.
4. Who were your early creative mentors or source for inspiration? For me, inspiration is like urination: it happens in my dreams when it needs to happen in reality.
5. How do you get past creative roadblocks? Creatively.
6. How has SCATV/BFR been a positive influence in your creative media career? SCATV/SMC has had a profound influence on me. Heck, I’m under the influence right now.
7. What is your favorite music album? I don’t know.
8. If you could have entrance music, what would it be? 4’33” by John Cage.
9. What’s your favorite spot in Somerville to hangout or visit? The Winter Hill Star Market.
10. In 140 characters or less, how would you pitch your show or who you are?Once there was a realist who wanted to believe in something greater than himself. The desire was so great that he began religiously studying quantum mechanics. After years researching the subject, and after adopting several thousand dollars in student and book related debt, he was able to prove himself an asset to NASA. One day in Caltech’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, he discovered that everything–every single particle–was stable only because he believed it to be so. It was so astonishing that he found himself in utter disbelief, and then everything exploded.