MEDIA PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP * JOB DESCRIPTION
Somerville Community Access Television (SCATV) is a membership-based, non-profit organization operating a public access cable television channel and community media center. It provides training, equipment and facilities to community members for the production and distribution of community oriented television programs.
Job Title: Media Production Intern Supervised by: SCATV staff
Hours per week: 10 – 20 hrs/wk Job grade level: Intern, Unpaid. College Credit
Job Description Summary: Assist in the production of short documentary-style programs, public service announcements, studio productions, and event coverage for cablecast on SCATV Channel 3 and for online distribution. May also involve assisting with youth media classes. This internship is an excellent opportunity to improve video production skills and develop a resume reel of video projects.
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop program ideas and a production schedule
- Develop promotional videos and PSA’s
- Assist during media production trainings
- Assist our SCATV producers with their productions
- Create original programming for our channel and online
- Operate SCATV cameras, audio, lighting equipment during field and studio shoots, scriptwriting, and video editing
- Produce programs for our partner organizations
General Job Requirements: Some experience with video production, including camera, audio, lighting. Some video editing with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Creative Suite Software. Well organized, self-motivated, and good writing skills.
Education and/or Experience: Video production and/or journalism experience, organization and writing skills.
Language Skills: English. Additional ability to speak Creole, Portuguese and/or Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands: Some lifting may be required.
Contact: Erica Jones, Director of Membership & Outreach