Here is the latest “Inside the SCATV studio,” a monthly blog post highlighting our members and who they are! There is a set series of 10 questions they answer. This month, we hear from Keanu Burke, a SCATV member, rapper and overall creative human being. Learn more about Keanu below in his interview with SCATV! Get a sneak peak of his interview below.
1. Who are you and what do you do? I’m Keanu. I like to act and write and do music and lately edit.
2. What was the most interesting job you’ve had? I did maintenance at a big family park back home. Once, we had to call the police on a raccoon who wouldn’t leave people alone. We thought it had been removed when we heard loud gunshots ring throughout the park. Apparently, the raccoon had charged. Children abounded. Also, there was a small petting zoo and people would come and try to shoot the deer. Come to think, there were many shootings there.
3. Where is your favorite place to retreat for mental or physical health? Northampton, MA.
4. Who were your early creative mentors or source for inspiration? My father Charlie who has lived several absurd lives.
5. How do you get past creative roadblocks? I like to fire up a big fat piece of incense, drift in and out of transcendental meditation, and play guitar or freestyle rap.
6. How has SCATV/BFR been a positive influence in your creative media career? My production skills have strengthened and developed plus I have made 10 – 20 new friendly friends!
7. What is your favorite music album? Today, I will say Blonde, by Frank Ocean.
8. If you could have entrance music, what would it be? Good Day, by Mad Yonder.
9. What’s your favorite spot in Somerville to hangout or visit? Besides SCAT? Probably my apartment. Come on by! We have mixed nuts.
10. In 140 characters or less, how would you pitch your show or who you are?
Reluctant meteorologist Terry Galapagus is to S’News what after dinner mints are to a disappointing restaurant.